Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mall Wars

First and foremost, I'd like to wish my friend, (and fellow momma-to-be) Ashley, a very happy 30th birthday!  When did we get so old??  :)  For your viewing pleasure...a couple of pics from the past.
 In Denver for my Deb ball -- 2000  (Yes, that's Mollie with her back to the camera)
Graduation Day -- 2000

Now, on to my rant...I'm not sure when it happened, but sometime over the course of the last several years, I've developed a serious distaste for shopping.  Anytime I decide that I'm even remotely in the mood to shop, I end up reminding myself why it hate it.  Even online shopping is miserable because I end up not liking what I order.  Having said all that, it was officially time to buy maternity pants, I've been way too uncomfortable in old pants with the Be Band.  On Saturday, Ryan and I headed to A Pea in the Pod with gift cards from Christmas in hand (thanks, Mom and Lynn.)  Holy Hell, do I need to get into the maternity clothes business!!!  I spent twice as much on a pair of jeans and work pants that will last me 6 more months than I EVER do on regular clothes.  $70 for a shirt that's rouched on the sides?  Really?  After spending a small fortune there, we also headed to Motherhood Maternity that was significantly more affordable, but the clothes didn't fit nearly as well.  Dammit.  C'est la vie, I suppose.

After our mall adventure on Saturday, we attended a friend's surprise 30th birthday party where I was able to show off my new stretchy top jeans and grossly over priced shirt. :)
This picture is bad of everyone but me, but whatever, it's my blog. :)  Mandy (birthday girl) thought we were doing a silly faces picture.

Love this of Lindsay and Ryan growing pregnant bellies with me.  (No, Lindsay is not pregnant, she can just make herself look like she is.)

In other news, that probably isn't interesting to anyone but me, after 14 years, I finally took out my belly button ring.  My stomach looks so naked, it's too weird.  But, let's face it, I'm pregnant and probably too old to have a belly ring anymore anyway.  I was surprisingly nostalgic about it.  Meghan  (Oleson) Schleyer and I got them together on my 16th birthday, so I kind of feel like a piece of my youth is gone now.

After my last post about the flutter, I didn't feel anything for days.  I started to think I'd made it up after all, but two nights ago, the Mini-Muffin was fluttering in full force!  I love it.  I hope that it continues with that kind of gusto.

6 more days till the "Big" Ultrasound!!  Can't wait.
Thanks for indulging me!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I can't believe you made it this long. I was hooked on maternity jeans 3 weeks ago. So much more comfortable. From a person who loves shopping try Gap and OldNavy, they only have maternity in some stores though. Indigo Blue brand pants from Motherhood (Macy's)tends to fit pretty well. Target's Liz Lang has great tops at wonderful prices, especially for the basics. Wish I could afford a flight to Orlando to go shopping with you.

    ReplyDelete