Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sneak Peek at Baby Reister

Good Morning, Friends and Family!  Yes, I know, I'm long overdue for a blog update.  A lot has happened over the past several weeks, and we have several busy weeks coming up.  I'll keep this post to a minimum, but I promise to post about our amazing California trip to celebrate the marriage of Mike and Amanda Artifon, as well as my upcoming Baby Showers.

I'm now 29 weeks, and in the second week of my third trimester.  According to my phone app, the baby is the size of a butternut squash.  We have 77 days left (until the due date.)

Yesterday, Ryan and I spent our afternoon at the doctor's office.  I did the infamous blood glucose test, we had a 4D Ultrasound, and had a basic visit with our doc.  Baby is healthy and everything looks to be measuring normally.  For the blood glucose test, you have to go in and drink a special sugar drink (which tasted like stale Sprite) and wait for an hour before they draw blood to check sugar levels, test for anemia etc.  In that interim hour, we had the ultrasound.    Really, the u/s is 3D, but they call it 4D because they capture still and moving pictures of the baby.  It's amazing how far technology has come.  It's already clear that he'll have his Daddy's mouth, and his Grammy's (is this what we're going with, Mom?) nose.  His hands look enormous...not sure where he got those.  I can't wait until he's born to compare these pics with actual ones.

We have a thumb sucker -- better start the braces fund early

"The Thinker"




He finally moved his hand away from his face, but then brought his feet up

Using the placenta as a pillow (or so the tech told me)


Pouting because we kept poking at him to move
I hope that you enjoy these!!  Next update will include a cautionary photo of what happens to a 7-months-pregnant woman's ankles when she flies across the country.  It's not pretty. 

3 comments:

  1. What amazing pics you got. I can't wait to meet that baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!!! Can't wait to meet him! But I will...keep cooking little man! :) Love you guys

    ReplyDelete