Tuesday, June 12, 2012

38 Weeks and Beyond Ready!!

Why can't pregnancy be 36 weeks?  I've never spoken with a mom that thinks, "Yeah, the last few weeks are bearable."  No, they're not.  He's cooked, right?  Time to evict??  I feel like I'm counting the hours.  Literally.

Last Monday we had our "full term" doctor's appointment and ultrasound.  At that time he was estimated to already be 7 pounds, and his head was measuring in the 80th percentile.  Um, ouch!  My appointment yesterday was relatively uneventful, but she was able to give me some good news.  If everything looks like I'm still slowly progressing at our appointment next week, she said that she'd be willing to discuss "early" induction.  In other words, if I haven't gone into labor between now next week, we may schedule my induction for Sunday 6/24 or Monday 6/25.  Yay!!  Originally I'd been under the impression that we wouldn't induce until a week after my due date. 

My dad is in Colorado helping my Grandad who is currently undergoing cancer treatments. He was originally planning to stay there until the 23rd or so, but it looks like he's going to come home a few days early.  My Aunt Amy will likely head to Colorado to be with Grandad a few days before she had planned.  On that note, Grandad finished his chemo treatments yesterday and only has 5 more radiation sessions.  Stay strong, Grandad!  It's almost time to celebrate!
 

On Sunday, my "nesting" instinct kicked into high gear.  I thought that I'd been experiencing it for the past few weeks, but nothing compared to my 5:30 am obsession with finishing the nursery and office.  So, much to Ryan's dismay, we cleaned, organized and reorganized from 6 in the morning (realistically Ryan joined me around 9:30 when normal people get motivated) until almost 8 at night.  The nursery is put together and organized, but still not completely "decorated."  The office isn't finished yet either, but we're on the right track.  As the guest room is now the nursery, the office is becoming office/guest room complete with daybed.  It won't be quite as comfortable as it used to be to visit us, but at least there's a place to sleep.

I'll post pictures when the nursery is officially decorated, but for now here's a picture of his crib:
His bedding FINALLY arrived!!

I'm hoping the next 2 weeks fly by!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the bedding you picked out! You can push that giant head out, I know you can. I can't wait to see the photo of your Grandad and his first great-grandchild.

    ReplyDelete