Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Where is the time going??

I can't believe that it's been 6 weeks already!!  This must be the fastest that time has ever gone.  Seriously.  Mason is 6 weeks and 3 days old.

Obviously, I could write a novel to fill you in on the past month and half, but I'll just touch on the highlights.  I'm writing while he's napping, and he's not a great napper so I'll do what I can.

He's now about 10 pounds and growing like a weed.  I can't believe how much he's changed already.  He's doing lots of cute cooing and babbling.  He eats like every meal is his last.  When people ask me how I've adapted to the night feedings, I always say that nights are easy compared to the day.  He usually sleeps in 3 to 4 hour stretches at night, which I've gotten pretty used to.  During the day, the child eats every 2 hours like clockwork (and each feeding usually lasts 35 to 45 minutes.)  Suffice it to say that my life revolves around breastfeeding. :)


After my parents left, I did experience some "Baby Blues"... but that's getting easier day by day.  I'm starting to feel like we can handle this.  After Ryan went back to work, reality set in, so I've definitely enjoyed all of our visitors!

Ryan's mom came when he was about 3 weeks old.  She stayed with us for a few days, then we were treated to joining her in West Palm for a few more days.  I love their condo!  It's right on the Intercoastal, so the view is always changing with boats driving by.  We had a great down there, and I am so thankful for the extra set of hands.  Nana Lynn is definitely the Mason Whisperer!
 
The next weekend, Amanda (also known as Fairy Godmother) and Mike came to visit.  I wish their trip had been longer, but we had an awesome weekend.  We had some quality Disney time at Animal Kingdom and Epcot.  Ryan really enjoyed his Epcot time that night, with a massive hangover the next day to prove it. :)  On Sunday, we rented a pool cabana at one of the local resorts, and enjoyed a beautiful day.  Mason enjoyed the shade and cool breeze in the cabana while the rest of us took turns enjoying the lazy river. 

Today is our first day home from a long weekend in Colorado where we celebrated my cousin Brianna's wedding.  She and her husband actually got married in Italy 3 days after Mason was born, but they held another reception  in Denver for people that couldn't make it to Italy.  We had an amazing trip!  Mason was a champ on the flights.  No major issues.  He nursed and slept, so it was relatively smooth sailing both there and back.   Mason got to meet his great grandparents on my side -- Grandmother and Grandmother, and Grandad.  My mom and dad were also there, so they got in some good baby time!  My trip was all the more special because my best friend from high school, Meghan, and her husband Matt made the trek from Albuquerque to come visit us as well.  We even left the baby with my mom for our first "real" grown up outing without him.  The four of us (Meg, Matt, Ryan and I) explored a couple of Denver's breweries.  Again, I wish that I could have spent more time with everyone, but I enjoyed every minute of it.


With his Grandad and Great Grandad

Meeting Meghan!

Both of his great grandfathers on my side



Ready for the reception

Looking like giants at the reception

Great Grandad with Little Man

At Grandad's condo in Frisco

4 Generations
I am counting the days until our big family houseboat trip at the beginning of September!!!  Until then, back to reality...


No comments:

Post a Comment